hey now

[ are you calling us myopic? ]

then email it to our faces

mutual

- wonkette
- bkke
- drudge
- fark
- jay
- mcsweeney's
- bloglines
- scribs
- Wiffleball League

jones

- boingboing
- arts and letters daily
- michael chabon
- yahoo most sent
- sullivan
- daily collegian
- sam sloan
- steelers
- SETI@Home

lucas

- atrios
- talking points memo
- daily kos
- oliver willis
- pandagon
- boston sports blog
- johnny most
- politicalwire
- exploding dog
- danziger
- karo
- the sloppy one


Archives
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
August 2006

Site Meter


Get Firefox
someone said








i wish i were an optimist but it probably wouldn't work out




Tuesday, August 24, 2004
Some of the Dharma

It is 1:48 a.m. EST. There is no way I am picking up the phone. And because I let it ring, I have now what I consider to be one of the better voicemails I have ever heard (not counting the legions of voicemails left by drunken friends who can't talk, begin to sing, followed by shouting, and then hangup in disgust). This is the message in it's entirety:


...Listen I don't care what time it is where you are, it's not even midnight where I am and all you need to know is that I went to a fucking jazz club tonight and our conversations were overheard about Jack Kerouac... They explain that this is where Kerouac used to come (I had a long conversation with her). You won't believe the owner - he's gonna be here soon. He hates me. So I talk to the owner. The owner hates Jack Kerouac. The owner has owned it since '52 and he knows what he's talking about. This guy honestly knew Jack Kerouac. Hates me. He hates people who wanna talk about Jack Kerouac... He said, "To you he's a hero. To me he's a drug addict I kicked out of my bar." So my friends and I worked a complex scheme out to skip the check via text message. And now...



Now that's something.

Iraq's Inappropriate Appropriation: Thumbs Up!

(JavaScript Error)
click here for more.

> ---!>