hey now

[ are you calling us myopic? ]

then email it to our faces

mutual

- wonkette
- bkke
- drudge
- fark
- jay
- mcsweeney's
- bloglines
- scribs
- Wiffleball League

jones

- boingboing
- arts and letters daily
- michael chabon
- yahoo most sent
- sullivan
- daily collegian
- sam sloan
- steelers
- SETI@Home

lucas

- atrios
- talking points memo
- daily kos
- oliver willis
- pandagon
- boston sports blog
- johnny most
- politicalwire
- exploding dog
- danziger
- karo
- the sloppy one


Archives
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
August 2006

Site Meter


Get Firefox
someone said








i wish i were an optimist but it probably wouldn't work out




Friday, March 04, 2005
Domain, Diamonds, and Dremo's

  • I wanted to buy our domain name. However, www.ruleofthumb.com is owned by Jay Caplan. I cannot purchase our namesake because Jay must tell those people still living in 2002 the tricks of car ownership in NYC and how to buy a diamond. Notice in the how to buy a diamond section, there is no mention of finding out what kind of diamond he/she WANTS. Big miss, dude. I have my own philosophies on this subject, and I have concluded that the best way to get a good diamond is to inherit it.
  • I played an open mic night last night and ended up with the second to last spot, mostly because I decided at the last minute to play. It is almost cathartic to have a successful call and response during a song about the sadder side of being Bob Ueker's illegitimate son.

lucas: I know you gotta be
crowd: The BEST BOB UEKER!
(repeat 3 times)

  • If you ever want to hear a horrible recording of me and my high school friends drinking and singing about going to the prom, please feel free to check out a 2001 This American Life episode (scroll down to "Prom"). The song is "You Said Yes" by a band I was in called Perfect Tom and the Implications. Don't think we didn't know that the singer is tone deaf, but it was the gut talent-be-damned emotion that we were shooting for. Plus, no one else wanted to sing. Real Player needed. Feel free to cringe. I still do.

Iraq's Inappropriate Appropriation: Thumbs Up!

(JavaScript Error)
click here for more.

> ---!>