hey now

[ are you calling us myopic? ]

then email it to our faces

mutual

- wonkette
- bkke
- drudge
- fark
- jay
- mcsweeney's
- bloglines
- scribs
- Wiffleball League

jones

- boingboing
- arts and letters daily
- michael chabon
- yahoo most sent
- sullivan
- daily collegian
- sam sloan
- steelers
- SETI@Home

lucas

- atrios
- talking points memo
- daily kos
- oliver willis
- pandagon
- boston sports blog
- johnny most
- politicalwire
- exploding dog
- danziger
- karo
- the sloppy one


Archives
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
August 2006

Site Meter


Get Firefox
someone said








i wish i were an optimist but it probably wouldn't work out




Wednesday, April 13, 2005
Best Quote

I don't think I ever had a quote board in college. But I did have a lot of ridiculous friends who said a lot of dumb things. And I love them for that. This morning I was on the train and I saw a guy who looked like my friend John. I started grinning mostly because when I think of John, I always think of a line he heard one of my friends say and remembers to this day.


SCENE: It is the spring of my junior year of college, and the morning after "Cannonfest," which was a gathering of 800 people (or 100 for every state cruiser it turned out) on my front lawn. The event, named after an old civil war cannon gracing the front lawn, drew people out to Madbury NH (off campus! gasp!) from campus and literally throughout New England (the party was named one of the top 10 events at UNH that year). A friend of mine brought his band and rocked our house for 2 effing hours. They were at one point interrupted by a former roomate of mine who got tired of demanding Sublime covers and grabbed the mic and oozed out some vowels that we think were intended to be "What I Got." But that is a mystery for the ages. At this point an old psycho guy on a motorcycle who was on his way to a pig roast (only in NH), tried to drive his chopper into my basement. In other words, good party.


Anyway, back to the scene. Bodies are strewn everywhere across my living room, wrapped in blankets and blanket-like substitutes (carpets work). I somehow get downstairs (is it 6am? Noon? The truth may never be known) and overhear this conversation:


Guy #1: Oh man. I am SO hungry.... Screw Breakfast. I want mashed potatoes. Oh a plate of mashed potatoes would be so awesome....


Guy #2: Not with my dick in it.


(Pause)


Guy #1: I'm so hungry, I'd eat around the dick.


A few seconds later, all of the blankets begin shaking, and eventually burst out in hangover-be-damned laughter. The various cocoons of friends and strangers just keep laughing and I am sitting on the stairs smoking a Benson & Hedges reminding myself to remember this moment. The best part? We have no idea who said it. It needs no attribution though.


Epilogue: Former "vowel-concerned" roomate wakes up and has to drive all the way back up to norther NH in his boxers. Why? His pants were in the oven.

Iraq's Inappropriate Appropriation: Thumbs Up!

(JavaScript Error)
click here for more.

> ---!>