hey now

[ are you calling us myopic? ]

then email it to our faces

mutual

- wonkette
- bkke
- drudge
- fark
- jay
- mcsweeney's
- bloglines
- scribs
- Wiffleball League

jones

- boingboing
- arts and letters daily
- michael chabon
- yahoo most sent
- sullivan
- daily collegian
- sam sloan
- steelers
- SETI@Home

lucas

- atrios
- talking points memo
- daily kos
- oliver willis
- pandagon
- boston sports blog
- johnny most
- politicalwire
- exploding dog
- danziger
- karo
- the sloppy one


Archives
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
August 2006

Site Meter


Get Firefox
someone said








i wish i were an optimist but it probably wouldn't work out




Tuesday, April 26, 2005
Dad's Pictures

During his tour in Uncle Sam's Army, my father saw a lot of the world. He spent a lot of time stationed in Germany, did his time in Vietnam, and then instead of rushing back to the states, decided to take the long way home via the rest of the world. Not only did this probably enable him greater ability to adjust when he got back, but it gave him a chance to see the entire world in the prime of his life.

According to my mother, at one point in his life my Dad was thinking of becoming a professional photographer. And I think as we see more, you all might agree he had the chops (all photos were developed by him, so if you have a problem with the quality take it up with him). So in an effort to let others see some of these amazing photos from the world (Germany, India, Afghanistan, UK) during a different time of war, and for me to learn more about my dad and his roamings, I will be putting up a picture now and then accompanied by my dad's memories about the image. He's pretty good at replying to emails, so hopefully, he'll have lots to say. However, right now he is at the Grand Canyon with my mom, so I am putting up two of my favorites that require little explanation.

The first is probably my all time favorite photo of his. A boat taking on water in the Bosporous Strait:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



The next photo is my current desktop. He took this in Germany, but can't remember how he got into such a good position. It took me a few times before I even noticed the kid in the window. On the back of the picture he wrote, "Don't know why, but I like this one." Me too.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


So that's it. Many more on the way. I'm kind of excited about this little project.

Iraq's Inappropriate Appropriation: Thumbs Up!

(JavaScript Error)
click here for more.

> ---!>