hey now

[ are you calling us myopic? ]

then email it to our faces

mutual

- wonkette
- bkke
- drudge
- fark
- jay
- mcsweeney's
- bloglines
- scribs
- Wiffleball League

jones

- boingboing
- arts and letters daily
- michael chabon
- yahoo most sent
- sullivan
- daily collegian
- sam sloan
- steelers
- SETI@Home

lucas

- atrios
- talking points memo
- daily kos
- oliver willis
- pandagon
- boston sports blog
- johnny most
- politicalwire
- exploding dog
- danziger
- karo
- the sloppy one


Archives
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
August 2006

Site Meter


Get Firefox
someone said








i wish i were an optimist but it probably wouldn't work out




Wednesday, July 13, 2005
Finding the Past Version of Me

In preparing for this summer's main event, I have been looking for pictures. I realized that I probably had some stuck in between the pages of the journal I used to keep. What I didn't realize is that I would come across words that I wrote almost every day during my junior year of college. These words are mine, but the emotion behind them is foreign to me. It is like reading someone else's thoughts. I feel the same kind of guilt you might from reading someone else's diary. But there are some choice lines in there:

april 4, 1998: just given a look colder than pennsylvania steel.
april 29, 1998: elementary school was crazy; always in lines.
may 12, 1998: please do not extinguish your cigarettes in the toilet. they get soggy and are hard to relight.
june 10, 1998: life is flammable.
june 29, 1998: washington state is emerald, hawks & eagles, a million people where a million people shouldn't be, humble as hell.
october 7, 1998: i swear it's like i'm ripping out my own bloodfeathers.
april 13, 1999: i am not a superhero, but i can save your time.
may 13, 1999: my rabies shot got fucked up and i have no idea
what i'm going to do.
may 22, 1999: i rocked all of my finals.

june 16, 1999: in love with k.


It reminds of a time where I thought I wanted to be a writer. When I thought New England was all there was and all there really should be. I know somewhere there is more, but I don't know where those later journals are or what words are in them. What I do know is that some parts of it I'd love for my kids to see, and some parts I wouldn't - only because I don't want them to be embarassed for me. By things like pathetic poems written with abundant drama, yet completely voiceless, or how excited their dad was when he got a green car.

Iraq's Inappropriate Appropriation: Thumbs Up!

(JavaScript Error)
click here for more.

> ---!>